How could you not want to protect baby skin from the harsh elements or keep them away from chemicals?
California Baby offers lots of products that are completely natural and safe for new or old skin. If you have super sensitive skin, these products which range from massage oils to bug spray to detangler, are for you.
Developed by Jessica Iclisoy, the products are organic and cruelty-free. Jessica practices what she preaches and lives a very eco-friendly lifestyle. You can read all about her here. After learning more about Jessica, I want to be her BFF!
I tested 3 items from the California Baby line.
I use the California Baby – Calming Hair Detangler Spray on my daughter’s bird nest of tangled, wet hair. The little girl on the label looks like my daughter and she even asked me how her picture got on there. It smells lovely and works well, with no irritants or harsh ingredients within miles of this hair product or any other California Baby item. Adults can use the detangler too and it’s safe for color-treated hair (yay!).
- GENTLE, PLANT-BASED INGREDIENTS: Our Hair Detangler Spray is made with plant-based and organic ingredients. Herbal extracts effectively soften and detangle hair while protein-rich quinoa helps increase hair’s natural shine and minimize split end damage.
- DETANGLES HAIR & ADDS SHINE: Our gentle hair detangler spray for kids works miracles, even on curly or thick hair. Simply spray on wet or dry hair and comb through! Our vegan kids detangler spray doesn’t make hair greasy, and is safe for chemically treated hair.
- BEAUTIFUL, LIGHT LAVENDER SCENT: No synthetic fragrances – California Baby detangler spray is scented with French lavender and Clary sage essential oils which leaves hair lightly scented with a lavender fragrance.
Next, I tested the California Baby SPF 30 Sunscreen for Super Sensitive Skin when I went for my early morning walk. I rubbed this all over my hands, neck, and face. I get nervous about applying things to my face because I don’t want my pores to clog, resulting in unsightly pimples. I used a generous amount which didn’t cause my eyes to tear or my skin to erupt.
It applied nicely leaving no residue and washed off easily when I came home. It was not greasy or heavy which is important to me. I can use it on my children and even on my tiny little infant niece, it’s very safe for all skin.
- Premium Baby Lotion – Designed to help moisturize and hydrate soft, sensitive baby skin, our lotion can be used on hands, fingers, faces, and little bodies.
- Infused with a subtle essential oil blend of French lavender, clary sage, and calendula. Vegan formula contains plant-based and organic ingredients, our lotion for babies is free of gluten, soy, oats, dairy, or nuts (exception for coconut) for pure skin hydration.
- Relieve Dryness and Irritation – A smart way to help reduce the appearance of flakiness caused by dry, sensitive skin; use it after baths, diaper changes, or before bed.
The third California Baby product I tested was the California Baby Calendula Moisturizing Cream . It’s a pot of lotion for dry skin, can be used on cuts and scrapes, cradle cap if your baby suffers from that, eczema, and can be used on the face. It’s a general, all-purpose kind of product that is safe and gentle for all skin sensitivities. My kids get tiny bumps on their skin in the winter so this is a must-use product for them although I’ve been hogging it myself and using it on my hands.
- SOOTHES DRY, IRRITATED SKIN: This award winning cream is made for ALL AGES – including babies, kids, and adults with sensitive skin. Calendula cream is non-greasy and absorbs quickly.
- SAFE PLANT-BASED INGREDIENTS: Our Calendula Cream is made with purified water and contains organic ingredients. No harsh chemicals. Can be used on the face and body.
- BEAUTIFUL LIGHT SCENT: Scented with pure essential oils that are tested pesticide free. No synthetic fragrances or phthalates. The light scent of California Baby Calendula Cream is a calming blend of French lavender and clary sage.
I always have to have lotion nearby for my hands but I’m willing to share.
I never gave a whole lot of thought to products being organic, natural, or healthy. I’ve always teetered on the healthy end of the spectrum but wasn’t hardcore or militant about it. I recently learned about animal by-products that go into cosmetics and lotions and am looking into products that are completely safe to use for my kids and myself. I loved and wholeheartedly stand behind California Baby products! I read through the site, tested the products, and would love to use more of them like the Bug Repellent and the Essential Oils.
I admire Jessica for launching the line and being so involved in every aspect of creating these safe products. Please visit the site here.
Last update on 2023-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API