Confession: it was only recently that I began to wear sunscreen every day. I never even wore moisturizer during the day or eye cream until the last few years. I wish I could reverse time and apply sunscreen religiously and never go outdoors without a hat and sunglasses!
I’m crazy about clean, natural skin care and protecting my skin from the harsh effects of the sun now. I wear my Erno Laszlo Hydrate And Nourish Phelityl Day Lotion SPF 15 on my face daily, Supergoop! PLAY Everyday Lotion on my body, then add a little Murad Oil and Pore Control Mattifier Broad Spectrum SPF 45 on my t-zone.
- Phelityl Day Lotion SPF 15: This weightless, daily moisturizer has broad-spectrum UV protection to soothe the skin. Filled with essential vitamins, it deeply hydrates and repairs on contact.
- Hydrate & Nourish: The Phelityl Complex is an advanced way to deliver hydration and balance pH by replenishing the fatty acids essential to skin’s health.
- How It Works: Apply prior to sun exposure. Use after cleansing, toning, and serums. Gently smooth over skin, avoiding the eye area. Use daily as part of your Hydra-Therapy treatment ritual. Formulated for all skin types.
- SUPERPOWERED SPF – This lightweight & hydrating broad spectrum sunscreen absorbs both UVA (aging) & UVB (burning) rays so your skin doesn’t.
- NO “WHITE CAST” – Our SPF 50 sunscreen lotion has a light, refreshing scent & absorbs easily without feeling sticky or leaving a “white cast”.
- PERFECT FOR ACTIVE DAYS – PLAY Everyday SPF 50 features a high-performance formula that is water- & sweat-resistant for up to 80 minutes.
- Oil-trapping microspheres mattify, smooth and blur imperfections
- Reduces the appearance of pores
- Oil-trapping microspheres mattify, smooth and blur imperfections; Avocado and African yellow wood bark extracts visibly reduce pore size and excess oil over time as hydrators prevent dryness
Daily sunscreen use is very important. Not only will using sunscreen on a daily basis minimize your risk for skin cancer, but applying sunscreen daily can also prevent you from developing age spots, wrinkles, and fine lines.
QUICK FACTS and TIPS from Dermatologist Jeanine Downie:
* You should wear sunscreen with an SPF 30 or higher every day of the year— rain, snow, or shine— because your skin is still being exposed to lethal UV rays
* Many people believe that they will become Vitamin D deficient by wearing sunscreen; according to Dr. Downie, this is false! As a population, we receive more than enough Vitamin D through our diets
* People with darker skin, often believe that they do not need to wear sunscreen. Again false, says Dr. Downie! The threat of skin cancer exists for all skin tones and races
* More than 3.5 million skin cancer cases in two million people are diagnosed annually and one in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime.
* The Tour will visit over 80 locations through September where consumers will have the opportunity to receive FREE full-body skin cancer screenings in a private room inside of the Tour’s 38-foot customized RV, conducted by local dermatologists (Visit skincancer.org for the full tour schedule)
* Over the past two years, more than 6,500 people have received free screenings, and of those screened, more than 2,000 potential skin cancers and pre-cancers were found, including 116 suspected cases of melanoma
* With a longstanding commitment to ACTIVE NATURALS® technology and making sustainable strides, the AVEENO® Brand has partnered with TerraCycle™ to give new life to empty AVEENO® Product tubes by ‘upcycling’ tubes collected at tour stops into eco-friendly items, such as household items, that will then be available for purchase at major retailers nationwide.
Last update on 2023-12-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API