I am always looking for good hair care to nurture my dry, frizzy locks!
Nearly every day I wash, blow dry, heat style then use hair spray. That’s a lot of battering for delicate strands like mine. My requirement used to be that a shampoo/conditioner would add volume (I like BIG HAIR!) but now all I want is healthy hair that doesn’t look like it takes a beating.
I need help with dryness at the ends but the middle part of my hair isn’t as dry and the scalp is never dry. I guess I have combination hair! And its aging, with some gray (ugh) and its color treated (to hide the gray).
I was very excited to tried White Sands Orchid Shampoo and Conditioner which promises Frizz Control, Moisture Balance, and Shine. The shampoo seemed very gentle, it rinsed well with no residue but the real stand out was the conditioner. Right away my hair felt softer and that’s even before I styled it. These products have a pleasant scent of orchids but don’t worry if you aren’t a big fan of fragrance because it’s very light.
Typically I put a little serum or oil in my hair to help with frizz so I used a dab of styling product then blew dry my hair as usual, my hair was very soft and looked better than normal! The only thing I changed in my routine was my shampoo and conditioner.
Did you know that the orchid flower is known for its vibrant, fade resistant color? Its true!
The nurturing ingredients include:
- Sunflower Seed Extract offers natural hair color and UV protection 3X more effect than shampoos with only Vitamin E
- Grape Seed Oil is a rich source of antioxidants
- Ginseng Extract infuses hair with fullness
- Jojoba Oil acts as a moisturizer and improves the hair elasticity
- Flax Seed Oil for softness and to contribute to the overall health of the hair
- Avocado Oil for moisture
- Carrot Seed contains beta-carotene, which is high in natural antioxidants and Vitamin A
- Olive Fruit is high in antioxidants and Vitamin E with natural moisturizing properties
- Apricot Kernel is high in Vitamins E and B17 as well as omega 6 and 9 fatty acids and has natural softening and moisturizing properties
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein
- Strengthens hair and builds body
- Provides moisture retentive, protective and sealing films
- Adds shine, body and manageability
- Mitigates damage due to perming, bleaching and hot combing
The products are sulfate free but green beauty purists will want to double check on exact ingredients. I really liked Orchid Bliss and think you will too. Take a look at more White Sands products by going here.