This is exciting! Over at The Green Beauty Bunny, lovely Alexis tagged me to talk about skincare. So let’s do it!
Describe your skin care routine in 5 words
Wash your face. Don’t forget!
What’s your skin type?
It’s oily in the t-zone and aging. Its also fair with yellow undertones.
What’s your favorite skin care product?
This is so hard, how can I boil it down to just one? I can’t and I won’t. I love Annmarie Gianni’s Oil for Oily and Acne Prone Skin. I’m also a huge fan of May Lindstrom’s The Problem Solver. I use Osmia Organics clay soap every night and cannot get enough of the Sunset body oil.
Top blemish zapper?
I use Ava Anderson’s Hand Sanitizer which works wonders somehow! I also dab on Osmia Organics Spot Treatment. I’ve used essential oils of lavender, frankincense and tea tree oil.
Face wipes, yay or nay?
Normally not so much except when I’m on vacation and don’t have my full skin cleansing arsenal. I like Klorane face wipes because they remove all makeup including eye makeup. However I also clean my face in the shower with an additional cleanser.
Toner, yay or nay?
Sometimes…if I am reviewing one. Currently I’m using Marble & Milkweeds Toner and it smells amazing.
High-end skin care or high-end makeup?
Skin care. I love really good skincare like Annmarie Gianni, May Lindstrom, Lina Hanson, Osmia Organics, Zen Society, Nyl Skincare- really clean, non toxic, lovely skincare that works.
What’s the most unusual skin care product you’ve tried?
I received a lip plumper thing which looked like a sex toy. You put it on your mouth then squeezed the plump to vacuum your lips thus plumping them up. It was all bedazzled with a long tube and a pump. That one stands out. I still have it in case anyone is interested.
You’re in a pharmacy and can only pick up one item – what is it?
I hope they have coconut oil because that’s what I’d choose. It has so many uses- hair conditioner, toothpaste, moisturizer, sunscreen, makeup remover…
Tell us your top skin care tips:
1. Eat intelligently. Lots of raw vegetables and fruits. Drink water with lemon. I believe you are what you eat and it shows in your skin!
2. Wash your face every night and don’t forget to nurture it with a face oil or moisturizer.
3. Avoid toxins! Don’t use anything that contains ingredients that are hazardous to your health. The closer to nature the ingredients are, the better.
4. Breathe deep, try yoga. Oxygen is crucial for skin!
5. Get a lot of sleep. I need at least 7 or 8 hours. I think we all need sleep, its when our bodies rest and rebuild and cells renew. Its critical for every aspect of our well being to get a good nights sleep.
6. Sunscreen! I like a foundation or primer like the Marie Veronique makes and I never skip the tops of my hands, neck and chest, I use Ava Anderson on that area.
7. Everything begins and ends in your gut apparently so take probiotics and drink your Kefir.