Over the years I’ve gotten much better at applying sunscreen – used to only apply it at the beach or by a pool but now I don’t leave the house without it. Do you apply it every day?
“American Academy of Dermatology has designated the first Monday in May (*that’s today!*) as Melanoma Monday. According to the AAD, melanoma is the deadliest form of skin cancer and the most common cancer for 25-to 29-year-olds. Most people know the importance of sunscreen and what it can mean for skincare and sun safety, but products still end up being misused, leaving many at risk for permanent skin damage and skin aging.
Below is a list of five sunscreen mistakes to avoid at all costs.
1. Thinking you’re exempt from sunscreen because you have dark or olive skin.
2. Not applying sunblock often enough.
3. Neglecting to wear sunscreen while driving or working indoors.
4. Using a sunscreen that blocks only UVB rays.
5. Using a sunscreen that has expired.”
oops I’m definitely guilty of #2 and #5!
I have a few favorite brands which I’ve mentioned before, I love The Honest Company’s sunscreen, Lavanila, Aveeno, and I have found that LaRoche Posay is the absolute lightest. Their newest sunscreen is the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Fluid with Cell-Ox Shield XL and gives you complete UVA/UVB protection. Its light, not greasy and contains CELL-OX SHIELD™ XL “a synergistic combination of filters that provides advanced UVA/UVB and antioxidant protection using 21% fewer ingredients than before, yet still offering broad-spectrum protection.”
Neutrogena offers a ton of different sunscreens for whatever you need. Take a look:
1. NEUTROGENA® Beach Defense™ Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30: Provides beach strength broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection in a lightweight, fast absorbing formula, ideal for outdoor skin protection of the active family.
2. NEUTROGENA® Ultra Sheer® Body Mist Sunscreen: Stabilized with Helioplex® Technology, providing superior balanced broad-spectrum protection against UVA-aging and UVB-burning rays in an ultra-light, non-greasy finish.
3. NEUTROGENA® Wet Skin Kids Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 45+: Developed with a technology that is designed to cut through water to apply directly to wet skin with minimal whitening or dripping off.
4. NEUTROGNA® Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55: Specially designed to provide superior sun protection without causing breakouts on acne-prone skin.
5. NEUTROGENA® Age Shield™ Face Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 110: Skin conditioners hydrate and replenish skin as the lightweight lotion absorbs quickly for a fresh, non-greasy feel, protecting your face and helping to maintain a youthful appearance every time you wear it.
6. NEUTROGENA® MicroMist® Airbrush Sunless Tan: For those looking to avoid the rays, this one-touch continuous spray works at any angle to tan hard-to-reach places–even your back. It dries fast and won’t clog pores.
With so many to choose from there is no excuse not to wear one. Don’t forget about the tops of your hands or your neck!